80335 Munich (Bayern)
Talent Acquisition Team
At Cobrainer, we envision a fast and intuitive way for people and organizations to find and connect with relevant expertise needed to drive their ideas and projects. To make this a reality, our engineers develop software that analyzes large public and private data sets to extract expertise information and display it in a clean and intuitive way to the every-day user. Our product brings together methods and concepts such as machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, API design, and user interface design.
Our Cobrainer expertise software currently serves expertise insights to our customers that range across several sectors such as banking, automotive, chemicals, manufacturing and others.
To scale up our engineering team, we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will lead efforts on building software features that require applied Machine Learning and Data Analytics techniques. The role will, in foreseeable months, lead the team that builds and maintains important data analysis modules within the Cobrainer Expertise Management Software.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for data-processing modules of the Cobrainer software developed in close collaboration with the application and UI teams
- Design and implement software features that require applications of Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Search and Recommendation techniques.
- Assess incoming requirements, design respective software features, and coordinate implementation with Developers in the team
- Define feature specifications and approval criteria, coordinate tests, software documentation and releases
- Undertake validation, rectification of reported issues, optimize software for data quality and system performance
- Mentor and guide junior team members, participate in hiring efforts if necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ practical experience in designing and implementing enterprise-grade software systems
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields is a plus
- Extensive knowledge in data structures, algorithms and techniques in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval and Data Mining
- Proven experience in conceptualizing, developing, and testing software for scalability and high performance
- Extraordinary programming skills, motivation to create and build robust software
- Proficient knowledge of Java, Python, Bash-Scripting, DBMS, and NoSQL technologies
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English; proficiency in German is a plus
- We’re driven by expertise and we invest in yours!
- Responsibility, ownership, and time to drive your own ideas
- Excellent salary package, employee stock options and 30 days holidays
- Trainings, conferences and peer-to-peer learning
- A fun, challenging and inspiring place to work
- Great colleagues and a top notch working environment
- Weekly get-togethers, quarterly team retreats and other fun activities
- Spacious office in central Munich and free barista quality coffee
Join us today and send in your CV also a one-page motivation letter (including your salary expectation and preferred commencement date) to careers(at)cobrainer.com OR apply directly on our Cobrainer website: https://www.cobrainer.com/careers/vacancies/.
We’re looking forward to seeing your expertise, passion and intelligence!