10243 Berlin Friedrichshain (Berlin)
OptioPay is a payment processor with a difference. Our software increases the value of any payment received by consumers from companies, by combining bank transfers with higher value gift cards. By integrating payments to employees or customers with effective marketing we aim to create a completely new, performance based, advertising channel. We are looking an experienced Backend Developer to start as soon as possible. We offer the opportunity to gain experience and practical skills in an e-commerce startup, build a network of entrepreneurs and exercise real responsibility in a dynamic environment.
The OptioPay way isn’t easy. We work hard, and push ourselves to the limit. We challenge the orthodoxy and seek new frontiers. We accept only the brilliant and expect brilliance. We’re looking for people who want to change the world. Our aim is to fundamentally change the nature of B2C payments. To do this we need your talent, creativity and drive. What we offer in return is a challenging but supportive environment, with a shared vision and passion. As an equal opportunities employer, we seek talent from anyone and anywhere. Our diverse team in Berlin hail from all around the globe; a fun and friendly group with a multitude of talents. Though sales and customer satisfaction are the ultimate focus, our decisions flow from data. By understanding how OptioPay users and partners interact with our product we aim to anticipate their needs and reduce the complexity of payments.
- To create and maintain services written in Golang which will be connected through a central message and event bus (Kafka)
- Extend our RESTful API and data model which is based on the event sourcing paradigm.
- To ensure your code is accurate, stable and comprehensive by conducting reviews as well as writing unit and acceptance tests
- To help us reach more customers by integrating the OptioPay platform with banks, PSPs and other financial systems
- To engage with continuous improvement of our services. This will include reviews of business processes, infrastructure and hardware as well as enabling frontend developers to collect more data
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a backend software developer.
- Ideally you worked with Golang before.
- You are experienced with tools like git, GitHub, Docker and have expertise in test automation (e.g. go test, Jenkins).
- You take an interest in distributed systems, scalability and high availability.
- You have some experience with Linux-based operating systems and bash scripting.
What’s our Offer
- A modern technology stack with microservices written in Golang, Kafka as our central data- and communication hub, Docker containers all over the place and CoreOS as the OS of choice for our staging- and production environments.
- A small team of experienced developers and a complex, distributed platform to work on.
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally.
- Work closely with experienced founders and get first‐hand insights on building an internationally‐backed venture company.
- Become part of an international, very motivated and talented team of 30.
- Access to a strong global network of successful entrepreneurs.
- An amazing office – overlooking the Spree – located in the heart of Berlin Media Spree.
- Free drinks, breakfasts and fruits all day long.
Sounds like the job for you? We’d love to hear from you!Please send your CV / Resume to: email@example.com