10243 Berlin Friedrichshain (Berlin)
OptioPay is a payment processor with a difference. Our software increases the value of any payment received by consumers from companies, by combining bank transfers with higher value gift cards. By integrating payments to employees or customers with effective marketing we aim to create a completely new, performance based, advertising channel. We are looking an experienced Frontend UI Developer to start as soon as possible. We offer the opportunity to gain experience and practical skills in an e-commerce startup, build a network of entrepreneurs and exercise real responsibility in a dynamic environment.
- To help us continuously improve our user experience, creating an intuitive, brand-consistent and engaging web interface. Yoiu will be expected to be up to date with industry best practice in web development/design; but also to analyse user data and use creative thinking to deliver tangible results
- To help improve the reliability, usability and resilience of our platform by analysing user data and being conscious of code maintainability. You will also help resolve and prevent cross-browser layout issues and bugs
- To help maintain our living styleguide, enhancing the reusability of your work and contributing to our culture of learning
- With a strong focus on usability and responsiveness, develop our customer facing UI and help to develop, prototype and implement new features
- Implement customised, brand-consistent frontends for our business partners and various OptioPay departments
- You will work within a small team collaborating with our backend developers, designers and product managers. You will be expected to contribute and trial new ideas; gathering data from a/b tests, user data and other sources to facilitate decision making
- Working in a small team and collaborate with our backend developers, designers and product managers to create a great product
- You have experience of creating responsive, intuitive websites and optimising their accessibility from a variety of browser and mobile devices
- You have experience working with modern frontend workflows/pipelines/tools like Gulp, Grunt, Yeoman, etc.
- You are capable of maintaining your code, modularising and organising big codebases with Atomic Design, BEM, SMACSS or similar.
- You have experience working with living styleguides and pattern libraries
- You have experience with some UI testing tools/frameworks
- You keep track on recent trends within IT and like to explore new technologies
What’s our Offer
- A small team of experienced developers and a complex, distributed platform to work on
- A modern technology stack using ES6, React and alt.js in the frontend.
- Individual responsibility and the opportunity to grow professionally
- Work directly with our founders and gain experience of an international, venture backed, startup
- Access to a global network of successful entrepreneurs
- Become part of a multinational, talented team of 30 working in Berlin
- Prime office location - overlooking the Spree - in the heart of Berlin’s Mediaspree
- Free breakfast, drinks and fruit to keep energy levels high
Sounds like the job for you? We’d love to hear from you!