Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled...
41 10997 Berlin (Berlin)
We're looking to add a talented Design Manager to our European Creative Team; a visionary leader who is ambitious, highly motivated and lives and breathes design. We need someone who focuses on creating pixel-perfect assets whilst still upholding the long-term strategy of our unique brand. We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high with expectations of quality that are even higher.
As the leader of our Marketing Design Team, you will be responsible for managing and developing a team of 4 multidisciplinary designers. Using data as your compass, you'll be guiding your team through the execution of a broad range of design projects, continuously tracking performance and implementing new learnings along the way. This exciting role allows you to implement your strong design vision into tangible assets that directly impact the bottom line of our growing business.
- Lead the charge on Marketing Graphics initiatives for Wayfair—from direct mail, to display ads and everything in between
- Manage and coach a team of 4 talented designers whilst still executing on your own design work
- Deliver innovative ideas by contributing to collaborative brainstorms and concept development
- Evolve ideas and concepts into compelling visual solutions, then presenting those ideas, design rationale, and detail to team members and executives
- Work hand-in-hand with EU Creative and Design leaders to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Create testing plans to continuously analyze and improve performance of creative assets
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and business goals
- Communicate seamlessly with cross-functional partners
Your Skills and Experience:
- Excellent visual and graphic design composition skills, extensive experience in print and web design
- Strong creative vision and the ability to make that vision come to life
- University qualification in graphic design, web design or similar
- Extensive experience (full-time) in agencies, e-commerce or similar
- Proven experience in leading and developing a team
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the effortless ability to multitask
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners
Our Offer to You:
- An industry competitive salary, bonus and equity package
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- The opportunity to have a major tangible impact on Wayfair’s European expansion
- Clear career progression opportunities and pathways
- We also pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events (Laser tag? Check. Escape rooms? Check. Dinner & drinks? Double check.)
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: