Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled...
41 10997 Berlin (Berlin)
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with an eye towards efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
You would focus on supply chain, inventory management, product catalog,or customer-facing applications creating pleasant experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- Build web-based, PHP centric, applications that are robust, scalable, and elegant
- Solve a wide range of challenging business problems extending the competitive advantage that separates Wayfair from other online retailers
- Work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – frontend tools, batch and event-driven processing
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases and queries
- Develop algorithms to streamline back end business workflow
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions impacting our engineering ecosystem
- Several years of object oriented web development experience - ideally PHP
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Experience and desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset and passion for solving business problemswith technology
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
- Good communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other engineering teams
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV or however you want to express you´re the right candidate ready ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub) and use this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o7Mf4fwW&s=startup_jobs_Germany
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.